Supervisor Project Controls
Date: May 18, 2017
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Business Unit: Liquids Pipelines
Education Experience: Associates Required
Employment Experience: 10 or more years of experience
Travel: Occasional travel to offices and field sites in Canada and the United States as required
Position Type: Regular Full-Time Employee Position
WE= teamwork at work
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery, or one of the 100 most sustainable corporations in the world, on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to help fuel the quality of people’s lives. People like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
This Liquids Pipeline position provides leadership and direction to 12-15 Project Controls individuals who are responsible for the following areas within Mainline Projects:
- Cost monitoring, reporting and control services during the planning, execution and closeout phases of Enbridge’s integrity program implementation in Canada.
- Schedule monitoring, reporting and control services during the planning, execution and closeout phases of Enbridge’s integrity program implementation in Canada.
- Financial compliance monitoring and reporting services during the planning, execution and closeout phases of Enbridge’s integrity program implementation in Canada
- Administration and accounting transaction support during the execution of the integrity program in both the US and Canada
- Facilitate appropriate project management and control activities during project execution such as scope definition, estimating, project planning, cost management, schedule management, risk management, progress measurement, financial compliance reporting and lessons learned reviews for Enbridge’s dig program.
- Ensure the proper evaluation, development and execution of Enbridge’s integrity program implementation by providing procedures, processes, tools and timely information to the execution team members.
- Develop program performance standards and suitable performance measurement methods to be used during the planning, execution and closeout of Enbridge’s integrity program implementation.
- Continuous improvement of the project controls tools and systems to assist in the management of Enbridge’s integrity program implementation.
- Develop and maintain procedures and systems to achieve effective control of Enbridge’s integrity program and manage the implementation of project control procedures and systems.
- Provide training on project management and project controls subject matter to project controls personnel and others for Enbridge’s integrity program as required
- Continuous improvement of the systems to collect, analyze and evaluate dig program history in order to improve on future integrity program execution performance.
- Provide services for the monitoring and reporting of financial related items to Enbridge’s dig program management team and stakeholders mainly Pipeline Integrity.
- Ensure that timely Project Controls reporting, specifically related to identifying project cost and schedule status, is provided to Stakeholders, including, but not limited to Managers and the Director of Canadian Projects and the Integrity Programs.
- Responsible for providing project controls expertise and resources to the Integrity Program of approximately 600-700 digs/year, with over $100 million dollars in annual spend.
- Responsible for providing project controls expertise and resources for other projects that amount to $5-$10 million dollars in annual spend
- Responsible for providing invoicing expertise and resources to accomplish the noted dig program and projects.
- Responsible for quality assurance of effective project control techniques during the execution of Integrity Program Implementation and Mainline related Projects.
- Supervise and lead a team of 12-15 Project Controls professionals.
- University degree in an engineering discipline and registration with a Professional Engineering Society within Canada or a technical diploma from a recognized technical institute and registered as at a minimum, a Certified Engineering Technologist with the Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists or other equivalent technical association
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience in project management, project controls, cost engineering and construction management, preferably in the liquids pipelines and storage business. Oil and Gas industry related experience will be required, as the logic and sequencing of tasks is dependent upon this previous experience. Required to have Industrial Construction experience and experience interfacing with Engineering, Procurement, Contracting, Execution, and Commissioning phases of the projects.
- Extensive knowledge in MS Excel, MS Access, MS Projects, TILOS, Primavera, Oracle software (Project Management, Accounts Payable), Markview invoicing.
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal, and leadership characteristics / traits will be required to lead, motivate, manage, and train a team.
- Able to travel occasionally across Canada and to the United States
- Shares our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect
- Other project management software experience would be considered as an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation from the Project Management Institute or knowledge of PMI guidelines would be considered as an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience.
Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations:
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Posting Closing Date: June 4, 2017
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is a global leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America. We are proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2017.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Manager, Engineer, Database, Oracle, Finance, Management, Engineering, Technology