Advisor Enterprise Financial Planning & Analysis
Date: May 19, 2017
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Business Unit: Corporate
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 4 or more years of experience
Travel: No Travel
Position Type: Regular Full-Time Employee Position
WE= teamwork at work
We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery, or one of the 100 most sustainable corporations in the world, on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to help fuel the quality of people’s lives. People like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
As a key player within the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group, the incumbent will play an active role in the development and analysis of all financial plans (Forecasts, Budget and Long Range Planning) of the enterprise, which includes Enbridge Inc. and its sponsored vehicles.
By supporting the overall objectives of the group, this role will have exposure to various elements of the FP&A process and Enbridge entities. The advisor will manage relationships with various business partners to support accurate and meaningful budgets and forecasts.
The Advisor will identify and resolve process issues encountered during the planning processes and will also identify and clearly and succinctly communicate emerging business trends and issues noted to management. The latter activity requires working closely and cooperatively with business units and other departments in the organization.
Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Financial Planning & Analysis, the Advisor participates in all planning activities of the company and specifically:
- Comprehensively analyze and interpret projected results and ensure trends are substantiated and grounded in principle in order to provide Sr. Management with an understanding of issues to allow them to take appropriate action where required.
- Manage relationships with business partners to support accurate and meaningful budgets and forecasts and associated analysis.
- Demonstrate a high degree of competency in Hyperion Planning and HSF systems and recommend enhancements to the systems.
- Perform analysis throughout the budget, forecast, and long range planning process to ensure data congruence, accuracy, and reporting
- Assist in other Ad hoc enquiries as needed; develops and maintains expertise at understanding the complex principal business drivers within the Corporation and other operating business segments. This will require the development of strong, cooperative working relationships with business units.
- This role is subject to tight timelines and must provide accurate and insightful information to the most senior levels of management within the Corporation
- Relevant Bachelor's degree
- Accounting designation
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Minimum 4 years of industry experience
- Past experience with allocation processes in a large complex international business an asset
- Strong organizational, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to deal with all levels of Management and third parties
- High level of proficiency with modeling tools such as Excel and prior experience with major ERP systems
- The incumbent must be a proven team player with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are key.
- Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Safety Critical Position: No
Additional Posting Locations:
Industry: Energy, Oil & Gas
Posting Closing Date: June 2, 2017
Only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is a global leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America. We are proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2017.
Enbridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
Job Segment: Financial, Accounting, ERP, Finance, Technology